Community Giving Program
Review our Giving guidelines before you apply.
Westoba’s community giving program, Inspire welcomes partnership opportunities with local organizations to support initiatives aligned with our focus areas in the communities we serve.
Organizations seeking funding must be a recognized charity or have a confirmed agreement with a recognized charity to act as their fiscal agent.
Regardless of the amount you’re requesting, all applications for funding must be submitted online. Requests for funding under $2,500 will be reviewed regularly.
Applications requesting funds over $2,500, will be reviewed by the Community Giving Committee bi-annually.
Fall 2019 intake is now closed. Check back for 2020 Spring Intake Dates.
To be eligible for funding, requests need to support community infrastructure projects that:
• Are initiated locally or have a clear local impact;
• Are inclusive and bring people together;
• Are long-term or multi-functional; and
• Promote staying, participating and engaging in an enriched community.
• Donations are made directly to non-profit organizations and not to professional fundraising companies (e.g., through telemarketing).
• Beneficiary organizations must be a registered charity or have a designated fiscal agent that is a recognized charity.
• Generally, any single organization should not receive multiple funding in one calendar year.
Requests that are considered ineligible for funding include:
• Religious based requests;
• Politically oriented requests;
• National or provincial focused charities that do not have a local impact;
• Anything that is organized for personal gain;
• Completed projects;
• Individual and private business requests;
We appreciate having as much lead time as possible. The greater the notice we're given, the better decisions we can make regarding your application. We will contact you once a decision has been made and we usually respond within 4 - 6 weeks of receiving requests.
• Primary Contact Details
• Charitable registration number for beneficiary organization or a designated charitable organization that will be acting as a fiscal agent.
• Project Time Line and Budget
• Project Details including photos
• Detailed plan to recognize Westoba’s Inspire program & partnership